Strat 3way Lever Mod?

mj_gant

Is this possible with a 3way strat lever switch and 3 single coils?

Position1 bridge pup

Position2 middle and neck

Position3 neck

I don't think it's possible since 3 way levers are made for two pickups, but if anyone has a mod idea, please let me know.

This guit has 3 single coils. The guy wants a 3 way strat switch that will select bridge in position 1--neck AND middle in position 2---neck in position 3

Is this possible with a 3way strat lever switch and 3 single coils?

Position1 bridge pup

Position2 middle and neck

Position3 neck

I don't think it's possible since 3 way levers are made for two pickups, but if anyone has a mod idea, please let me know.

Yes it can be done quite easily. But with an American made or style 3 way. Maybe not onthe Asian switches. If you have not already received help, contact me and I will be glad to help you with it.

Edited by noplugsjustinfo

You can do it! Just ignore the middle pup altogether (still wire the negative to common) Just read up on how to wire up a telecaster.

The thing is though, you need to switch the middle pickup with either the neck or bridge so you get the clean hum canceling effect in the center position.

Heck, you could even wire it for two volumes and one tone! If you end out needing help, email me at korinstratkyle@hotmail.com and I can draw up a diagram for you. Tell me EXACTLY how you want it to work and what kind of pickups you have.

If you really want those choices hardwired, it's über-simple! Look at a normal Tele diagram - you'll notice that each pickup is connected to 2 lugs on one side of the switch. Simply disconnect the bridge pickup's connecton from the lug closest to the center of the switch, connect the middle pickup to that lug, connect one tone pot to the bridge pickup and the other to the neck pickup, and you're done!

3way_strat.png

If you really want those choices hardwired, it's über-simple! Look at a normal Tele diagram - you'll notice that each pickup is connected to 2 lugs on one side of the switch. Simply disconnect the bridge pickup's connecton from the lug closest to the center of the switch, connect the middle pickup to that lug, connect one tone pot to the bridge pickup and the other to the neck pickup, and you're done!

3way_strat.png

Thank you for the diagram LoveK. You all rule. I thought it may be as simple. I will use your diagram LoveK and report any problems. Thank you again all PG heads!!!