Jump to content

Bass Cap


Recommended Posts

...i'm new to the electronics experience, and i've been checking out wiring diagrams and i guess most are for guitars, because one of my better basses has 5 pot's: volume, balencer, bass, middle, treble. i can't find any diagrams for something like this. to get this sort of thing on my current project i think i just need to get a 500k pot for volume, and four 250k pots for the other stuff, and four caps for those. is that right? i don't really know crap about these things. i know a 250k pot with a cap effects tone, but i don't know how to specify one as a balencer, one as a bass, one as mid, and one as treble. am i missing something here? any help would be awesome. thanks a lot...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you take the back cover off you'll see there is a little circuit board inside.....that is an active pre-amp as cold said. You can buy preamps online and put them in your custom or home-built. Do a Google search for "bass preamp" or "active bass eq" and you should find plenty of sources and drawings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...