Strat Standard Tremolo----->hardtail Question?

Hers my question... i currently have a Fender USA Fat Strat, and although i like the standard trems on them, i have thrown 2 extra strings into the back,a dn then tightened up the screws in the back that go into the body...essentially making it a hardtail, blah blah, blah. I am happy with it but, i was wondering if there are any hardtail bridges that i could put in, that dont have to be thru-the body? In simple terms i want to replace my standard fender tremolo, with a hardtail bridge that doenst have strings going thru the body, but rather held by the hardtail bridge itself? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Hers my question... i currently have a Fender USA Fat Strat, and although i like the standard trems on them, i have thrown 2 extra strings into the back,a dn then tightened up the screws in the back that go into the body...essentially making it a hardtail, blah blah, blah. I am happy with it but, i was wondering if there are any hardtail bridges that i could put in, that dont have to be thru-the body? In simple terms i want to replace my standard fender tremolo, with a hardtail bridge that doenst have strings going thru the body, but rather held by the hardtail bridge itself?  Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

The bridge from a Squier Bullet Special is a hardtail toploader. Check ebay.

Also, check out this tremolo filler block from Hipshot.

There's a new product coming out that will help you with half your problem (turning the trem into a hardtail).

I can't seem to remember the product name or the website address.

Maybe one of the other members could help out here....

Yeah, it's called a piece of wood wedged between the trem block and the body of the guitar :D

Or you could just purchase a Tremol-No and have the freedom and flexibility to use the trem whenever you want and essentially block the trem whenever you want. If only you could actually *purchase* one, though. When is it going to come out, Kevan?

Well, I guess I'm busted. :D

Yes- I was talking about the Tremol-No. (Mushy: only one E, my man). I'm going as fast as I can to get them out to you guys. We're doing license and factory stuff right now. As soon as that's done, production starts. Soon after, they'll be available online, and then in stores. It's so close, it's not even funny.

I checked out that Hot Rod Convertible thing. Ummm...I guess if you don't mind drilling into the top of your guitar....and enjoy flames. :D

What I love seeing are all these people going "TREMS SUCK! I'm gonna be a hardtail guy until the day I die." And then when trems do come back, they'll be stuck with their TOM's. Meanwhile, those smart enough, will simply be turning their trem "on".

That thought just cracks me up.

B)

Yes- I was talking about the Tremol-No.  (Mushy: only one E, my man).

I believe when he wrote Tremel-No he didn't mean your Tremol-No but my new secret invention, the Dremel-No. I can't give any details away by now, but it's gonna be a definitive improvement in your electric working tools.

(Happy for you Kevan. I will be a customer, dead sure. F%&$ hardtails.)

Hardtails still have their place. I want some of each. :D

Will the tremol-no be compatible with Steinberger R-type trem?

:D

Er...

Just kidding.

(I'll get me coat)