Wtb: Fiddleback Brazilian Rosewood

erikbojerik

Epoxy-filled wenge...hmmm, that's an interesting idea. I can also get Bolivian RW, Honduran RW and cocobolo, all variously similar to Brazilian. But I caught a glimpse of a tiny billet of true flamed BRW this morning, and now I'm just a basket case.

Maybe I'll get over it...

Right now I'm building two guitars out of wenge and I think it would look killer flat sawn and filled with epoxy. Both my blanks are perfectly quartersawn but I saw some in the store and it looks freakin awesome flatsawn. The only thing is wenge is REALLY hard to rout. It wants to tear out like crazy. I went in like a millimeter at a time to avoid tearing out.

I won't break the bank for "regular" BR....but the flamed stuff....man....I didn't even know there was such a thing as flamed rosewood (of any kind, let alone BR). Now I'm totally off the deep end...I can't concentrate at work...can't eat...relationships are suffering...personal hygiene has gone to hell....don't know if I'll make it...

I won't break the bank for "regular" BR....but the flamed stuff....man....I didn't even know there was such a thing as flamed rosewood (of any kind, let alone BR).  Now I'm totally off the deep end...I can't concentrate at work...can't eat...relationships are suffering...personal hygiene has gone to hell....don't know if I'll make it...

If you're starting to smell go ahead and buy some :D