Cubase Sx + Amplitube = ?

mullmuzzler

I have a problem using Cubase and AmpliTube plug-in: I don't know how to make it work. I've instaled AmpliTube LIVE also, and it works perfectly. I tried to uninstall LIVE before plug-in installation, but it is the same as before. The plug-in works inside Cubase (no sound coming out - that's my problem!). When I start

Cubase and load plug-in (maybe I'm doing something wrong in this stage - I dunno - maybe something in the *prefferences*...) Can somebody who uses Cubase help to make it work, since I don't have any expirience in Cubase SX? The guitar is plugged in LINE-IN on my SoundBlaster Audigy2 card and it works

perfectly with AmpliTube LIVE. Any help info is welcome!

THANX IN ADVANCE

mullmuzzler | OSSMT

Edited by mullmuzzler

Amplitube Live uses its own ASIO driver, I believe. Are you getting any sound at all in Cubase? (ie. a dry guitar signal) If not, I suspect that your audio device simply isn't configured properly.

Some older plug-ins won't operate at 48,000 Hz, but I doubt that Amplitube is one of them, so that's probably not it.

Greg

When I plug my guitar in Line-In, the sound comes out of my speakers, but, nothing is displayed on the main bar in Cubase (the "transport bar" or whatever). When I plug in Mic-In, the sound is awful, it has distinct delay when I play + the sound is totally distorted. Can U help me out step by step, please, to configure whatever is neccesary for the program to operate? Also, can I use the Amplitube or any other plug-in to play, but not to record? I know that this sounds totally ignorent, but I don't know how to set it up...

mullmuzzler | OSSMT

I don't know that I'd be able to do a step-by-step in Cubase, since I don't use it. :D Somewhere in Cubase there should be a way to set up audio devices. (a properties, 'audio options' or similar). When you open the audio device configuration box, what device does it say it's using?

Having a delay is not only normal but expected if you're not using a low-latency (ASIO) driver. If you're using the normal Windows (WDM) drivers, you will probably be experiencing what's called "latency" (the delay between when you play something, and when you hear it).

So the first step is making sure that your audio card is installed and configured properly.

What version of Cubase are you using? It'll help me find the correct info.

Greg