Strat Style Tremolo Routing Question

I'm looking at the stratocasterforprojectguitar PDF from the download section and it looks like the routing profile on the back is larger than the front (where the trem block goes all the way through the body). Does this mean that it's angled? There is no side view so I can't really tell. Help please?

Strat_bodytremcavity4.jpg

This is a picture taking from my web site in the Making Of A Strat tutorial. I thought it might help you get a better look at the way the tremolo cavity is routed. The cavity that holds the springs and spring tree is 5/8" depth. There is 1/4" of wood left (thickness) in the bridge cavity slot, your best bet is make or buy some templates for a more precise cut. Good luck..

MaTT Vinson

I have a question for Matt:

What's a "spring tree"?

:D

It's called typing too fast because your at work.. lol Sry bout that I meant spring claw. I must have had string tree on my mind also and just mixed the two.. . lol Thanks for pointing that out, I'd hate to know I started a spring tree craze.. :D

Anyway, the answer is yes, the two outside holes of the six hole pilot tremolo will match up with the two pilot tremolo. You should have no problems.

Anyway, the answer is yes, the two outside holes of the six hole pilot tremolo will match up with the two pilot tremolo.  You should have no problems.

Thanks Matt. I figured as much. This is my first tremolo install and I don't want to screw it up. Thanks for pointing me to your Strat tut. It's great to see the pictures to my questions! :D