Gibson Sg Refinish!

Hello everyone! I'm new to guitar modding in general, so this is a huge accomplishment for me! My Gibson SG was getting really boring (this one), so I decided to switch it to a natural finish! Here it is!

guitar1.jpg

And...

guitar2.jpg

I am really satisfied with it right now and don't think that I will be putting any finishing coats on it. I love the feel of the grain and the linseed oil. The only thing I've noticed that really stands out is where the wood is glued (I guess Gibson gets a lot lazier if the guitar's going to be painted. Tons of belt sander burns on the sides that were ever-so-fun to get out!). Next comes gold hardware! I know that this isn't really anything big but just thought I'd share it. I'll be building a guitar from scratch soon and it will likely be neat!

Opinions on how it looks aren't necessary, but would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Tim

I love SG's Definetly my favorite Gibson body style. Mahogany has also become one of my most favorite tone woods. That refinish looks great. Its always interesting to see what happens when you strip the paint away. I assume you left the fretboard untoched? Linseedoil would not be a very druable finish to have on a fretboard. I agree with you about the "feel" of an oiled guitar.