Strat Trem -> Floyd Rose (and Trem Squeelks)

Well, first off, we don't talk like Prince here.

Secondly, there's no such thing as a "standard Strat trem". In my research, I've found at least half a dozen different string spacings, MANY different pivot screw hole spacings, and a plethora of different material and dimensional differences. Saying 'standard Strat trem' is like going to the Playboy mansion and saying, "Check out that hot chick over there."

Third, depending on which Squire model you have, you *MIGHT* be able to route out the body to accept a FR trem. Body thickness is one of the main issues to be tackled. There's a Tremolo Route Comparison chart on this Forum, and FR has dimensional drawings and tons of tech info on their site.

If you're asking if the FR trem is a "drop-in" replacement, then the answer is no.

Put some lube on the trem posts and along the edge (where the trem comes in contact with the post). You don't drive your car without oil in the engine, right? You shouldn't drive your trem without proper lubrication either. That should help with your squeakiness. PTFE (or something teflon-based) is recommended, but *something* that lubricates is better than nothing at all.

If the squeak is coming from the springs in back, first try replacing springs. Springs come in a variety of sizes/lengths/tensions, so try to match what's going in with what's coming out.

If that doesn't help, try some cotton/cotton balls inside the springs. Do one at a time to isolate which spring is squeaking.

Let me know if you have any other questions.