Footswitch For My Marshall

Roobin

If you're clever enough, you could replace the panel switch with this $12.00 relay switch board ($8.00 for the kit). I personally think it's a waste of time and money, but it can be done without too much trouble. You'll still have a pretty wretched little amp (IMO - as always, YMMV :D ) , but it'll channel-switch - I guess you can wrestle a sow into a tutu if it's worth the effort to ya, but it won't make her a ballerina.

Lovekraft - thats a neat little board, good to know about. I agree that such a mod wouldn't be too hard, although more work than you'd normally put into a little practice amp. But for a few bucks, it could be a good learning experience and with an inexpensive amp, theres not much to lose. Also, being solid state, it should be fairly robust. I also have one of these amps to practice with, and the OD switch is fiddly, so i have also wondered about this. First step is (throw away the waranty..then) open her up and try to figure out how the switch works, how many poles it has etc

The OD on these solid-state amps is kinda dismal, like Lovecraft was alluring towards. I think a cheap effect pedal would be a much better investment. You can carry it through to a better amp, should you ever decide to buy one. Sorry for the "downer" scenerio.

i have a bluesbreaker overdrive and i love it.....with my tube amps, but on SS it sucks as will most OD pedals overdriving a SS amp just sounds bad...I d say get a multi effect or modeler that usually sounds better on SS amps then overdrive IMO.