Custom Shops Fixed Bridge

In need of some help,

I am looking into changing my tremelo on my Ibanez to the Drop Top Convertible Bridge by Custom Shop Parts. I have already contacted Todd from their store and he said there was no specs out there for this bridge. He said they were a direct replacement for the "vintage" style tremelos the 6 point fulcrum I believe with the six screws across the top of the bridge. I was wondering if anyone out there has this bridge and could tell me some of the specs? I will be buying some new humbuckers soon and if this bridge is going to change my spacing at all I will need to buy according to what the bridge changes. Currently I will have to buy Trembuckers, but I would much rather have the regular Humbuckers, I'm sure the Trembuckers are fine it's just a personal preference. If anyone has an opinion on the Trembuckers vs. Humbuckers I would be curious to hear it. I know the difference is the spacing, but I'm sure there are some other differences. Thanks for your help. Jason

This is the first time I've seen it, but it looks to me like you have to drill 4 new holes. The 2 holes at the pickguard end look like they are spaced farther apart than the original outer screw holes.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. I think a better option (if you hate your trem) would be the Hipshot Trilogy. It's supposed to be a bolt-in thing, but worst case you'd have to buy or make a filler piece for the trem cavity.

Thanks Mark,

The bridge you are talking about looks great and would be a better replacement and I wouldn't have to drill unwanted holes, but this guitar is more like a guitar that I can experiment with, this is more of a low end ibanez and I'd rather do more of a economic replacement. I do really like the Trilogy though and will be a great consideration for my better guitars. Thank you for the info.