The Best Pickups For Maple Body?

Fanatic1

Hi Guys, im finishing my project, and the body its in hard maple and the neck its in Mahogany, fretboard rosewood, to try to make a balance between de sound.

I know maple is hard and have lots of highs, and that its not good for the sound, and i want to use a P 90 in the neck with a lot of lows, and near not to middle i want to use a tone zone single, both pickups near to the neck, first de P90 to make vintage sounds, clear sounds and the tone zone to have a distor sound like satch vai etc. that position will be like a humbucker, but with the two pickups.

In the bridge i think Paf Pro its a good pickup for that body.

What do you think? i choose taht pickups because of the lows, can you give me some advice, or recomendation?

When i knock the body with my fist, sound like a mosquito bite, intense highs, maybe could sound like the Washburn N4, but i want to compensate that sound, not like Nunno with a Bill lawrence, bite bite highs.

• 2 weeks later...

That body sounds similar to what I'm building it's maple and pecan I was thinking mahogany neck rosewood fretboard. I bought some gfs p90's I'm going to put in with 250k pots and I hope there not too bright. :D

P90s are known for having a lot of mid-range bite, but they're pretty toppy, too, in my opinion. Not sure that the ears could survive the marriage of a P90 to a maple guitar. :D

Greg