Best Place For Old Cheap Bass?

hey, im looking for some parts for my project mockingbird, and since im on a tight budget and cant afford piece by piece pick ups, tuners, bridges, pots blah blah...anywho im looking around town for a cheap bass preferably around $50-$100 and just rip the parts out of it until i can afford better stuff...the only thing is that finding one isnt easy for me, ive looked in the buy and sell, guitar stores, havent seen any at garage sales and i have seen that you guys find good deals and i was wondering what are your tricks? thanks

Let your local music stores know what you want and they might be tempted to trade one in for you that they would normally pass on. I got a couple of Spencers and some beat-to-crap ESPs that way. I just let them know they don't have to look good or play and I usually get them for $30.00 to $50.00. Mostly orphans that some kid fell out of love with. Small town newspapers are a good source, also. Read their want ads.

I don't know if you've checked Arbutus Music in Nanaimo, but it's probably one of the best music stores on Vancouver Island. I'm not sure if they have basses that are as cheap as you'd like, but if you haven't been there, it's worth a look.

lol yeah my parents are complaining about the forest of guitars that seems to be growing in my room!

I have to build them now so I can bring them in in little bits and pieces so its less obvious!

if you can convince your parents then it might be a good option:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...7326157674&rd=1

two pickups, a bridge, tuners and all your pots ect. for $65? not bad eh?

P.s: NO I'm not an ebay seller!!

keep an eye out for yamahas, seriously. I have an RGX121S which cost me 450, and i've seen 6 of them go on ebay and sell for less than 150. They're pretty damn good if you ask me, and they aren't chipboard or anything like that. I'm sure there's a few yamaha basses that you could come across, even from Canada that'll be in your budget.

-Jamie

EDIT: how's this?

Edited by sepultura999