Lectronics Geek Needed! Help

fishgiven

First of all, I am not an Electrician. I suck at it. I think like a Plumber and will bow down to anyone that considers the term Electronics Geek a fitting badge of Honor and can fathom this challenge.

I picked up a Preacher Deluxe from Fleabay (all risks understood) and it will make a decent enough rebuild. It came with broken switches and separated battery leads. The active electronics are not working.

I have replaced the switches with Factory provided ones and removed/replaced the little three legged transitors that someone said are "the first to go". All I get now are hums and pops when I handle/touch parts of the circuit board and tapping the Pups gives a snap but no string sound.

Any references to someone that can troubleshoot and repair this older circuit? I do have the schematic.

With a legible schematic, any audio tech or decent hardware hacker should be able to troubleshoot it for you. If there's nobody local who's willing to help, there are plenty of options across the sound from you (might be a good excuse to stop by the Pike Street market :D ).

Nice axe, BTW - not really pretty, but comfy and fairly unique sounding, if memory serves. None of the Ovation solid bodies got the props they deserved, but then they were innovative and different at a time when the market simply wasn't ready for innovative and different. Good luck with it! :D

With a legible schematic, any audio tech or decent hardware hacker should be able to troubleshoot it for you. If there's nobody local who's willing to help, there are plenty of options across the sound from you (might be a good excuse to stop by the Pike Street market :D ).

Nice axe, BTW - not really pretty, but comfy and fairly unique sounding, if memory serves. None of the Ovation solid bodies got the props they deserved, but then they were innovative and different at a time when the market simply wasn't ready for innovative and different. Good luck with it! :D

(In my best Steve Martin voice:) "I would like to thank each and every one of you for your support. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...

(In my best Steve Martin voice:) "I would like to thank each and every one of you for your support. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...