Wax Coat After Tung Oil?

Straightup carnuba is fine but I would wait a week before I tried it. The tung actually goes through a gelling/solidifying stage for a few days. The good liquid/paste car waxes made of carnuba are fine as long as they have no silicone or petroleum additives.

Minwax paste "finishing" wax is my personal favorite.

I'll cast the second vote on the Minwax Finishing Paste. It is easy to apply and easy to buff off......It leaves a great looking shine and is inexpensive and found almost everywhere( Home Depot, Lowe's and most hardware stores). You can spend a lot more $$$$$$, but not get a much better wax.

get some food grade beeswax(kind they sell for butchers blocks and wooden utensils) then you can eat off of it.

dont know why by I have an urge to eat a steak dinner off the back of my guitar now.

and I'm serious about everything I just said too, I'm getting hunger pains now.

get some food grade beeswax(kind they sell for butchers blocks and wooden utensils) then you can eat off of it.

dont know why by I have an urge to eat a steak dinner off the back of my guitar now.

[strong bads voice]What the crap!?[/strong bads voice]

:D

Edited by Godin SD

[strong bads voice]What the crap!?[/strong bads voice]

:D

sorry, but its a high quality wax that is really good for furniture, my tables aren't oily or sticky or anything, and it doesn't seem to leave residues on yer clothes either. And its way cheaper than minwax(certainly in my country, i cant eve nget titebond glue here!) and that sort of stuff, AND you can pot pickups with it!!!

Edit: rereading it the last post did seem a little odd, so I'm sorry for freaking you out.

Edited by Mr Alex