I Needs Me Some Numbers.

Im asking what are the dimention(on a electric Bass)of the neck pocket, and how far the neck pocket is from the bridge, and you see, I dont know these things.. :D:

Im not gonna build a neck though(Seems WAYY to damn intimidating...) and here is the shape im gonna use: copyofcopyofguitar17kw.th.png

Note that im still working on the shape, but thats the basic idea for the shape I had.

The wood im gonna use will be nice Canadian Maple. (I have a online canadian freind!)

Edited by Fast_i3ear

If you're not making the neck, wait for the neck to arrive and then rout the pocket based on your neck. There's no good way to rout the pocket otherwise, unless you have an accurate template and know for sure what kind of neck you're getting. There ARE standard dimensions for things like Fender Precision necks-- but simply knowing the numbers for the dimensions, I wouldn't trust as a way of doing the pocket.

I'd wait until the neck arrives. :D

Greg

• 1 month later...

I`m not much of a builder, but I have designed guitars for other people and for some manufacturers and I know that one of the most important things about guitar is how comfortable to play-wear it is. Make a template for Your bass original size. Best some thick plywood, just contours, put some strap on it and hang it on Yourself. I think Your bass is wrong balanced and it`s gonna pull over head (Head region will fall down as You do not have much weight at the bottom, I mean bass bottom I do not know about Your bottom), also, How shall you hold it when You sit, I have understood that this one sided wings are on the upper side, I like crazy shaped basses, but Yours seems probematic.

As I have started building guitars myself recently beside designing them, do not EVER cut anything before You get all parts and lay them down, and measure and draw everything and rethink everything few times and just look at that for few days, i have ended with exotic wood night table instead with my first guitar because of that. As I have been making bolt on with neck I have bought, it survived, if You make construction mistake on neck through You`ll have a lot of expensive scrap wood.

Do not spend fortune on brand name hardware there is a lot of good parts of anonimous manufacturers that make quality parts especialy at USA.

Best regards

• 3 weeks later...

Im asking what are the dimention(on a electric Bass)of the neck pocket, and how far the neck pocket is from the bridge, and you see, I dont know these things.. :D:

The distance from the neck pocket to the bridge is dependent on the neck - specifically, the scale. The scale distance of the neck is the distance from the nut to the bridge.

If you don't know about scale, you need to do a lot of learning.

Good luck,

Marty