Yamaha Rgt?

Curtis P

Hey all

I recently had my washburn's neck proffesionaly set up, lots of buzzing on some frets, and i didnt want to start monkeyin around with it unless its minor, also had some minor other work done to it

while i was browsing the store (this new one i heard about close to my school) i seen a used Yamaha RGT 350, i think, i dont remeber quite now, it looked alot like an ibanez, floating trem system (unsure of the make of the trem) locking nut , HSH pickup configuration, in a black finish, with black hardware,

I didnt have a chance to pick it up and play it, because the owner of the store was busy setting up some other guitar and didnt want any noise, so i said thats ok, now that i think of it, i should have played through headphones

Its going for 375, is this worth it? i am going back on wed to test it and an amp i am concidering on buying (a seymour duncan amp, i didnt know they made them)

Curtis

i'd say so. I have a Yamaha RGX121S and it sounds really awesome, the only thing is after a year i had fretware starting, and ive owned it now for 2 years.

Even some of the cheapest lines of Yamaha are really decent. I'm not sure of the EG112 model, but the majority of the Pacifica models are made with 3 pieces of alder laminated. Not bad for 250 bucks, cheap like a squire, not chipboard or plywood. Some of the Pacifica models are agathis or ash by the way. To know for sure about models, best to email yamaha.

Yamaha models are amazing project guitars as well. On ebay i see them all the time going uber cheap. The one I bought cost 450 total canadian and I could've gotten it used for 125.

-Jamie