Need Some Help With Wiring A Guitar

Antihero

This is going to be my first time wiring from scratch,my previous 2 projects were Saga Kits and i need some advice.

The guitar that i am putting this into is a flying v made of all maple, i hadnt really planned on it but i stumbled onto it on ebay with an hour left, the final price was very good(26.00) and i also realized that i had a 24.75 bolt on neck, some humbuckers and a bridge that is just collecting dust. I want to make sure it isnt too bright so this is what i came up with.

I went to Stew Mac and i saw a kit that was for Jazz Basses or any 2 pickup guitar. If i add a switch would this be a good kit for me?

Also for pots i am going to go with 250k's but i am not really sure about which capacitors i should use. Do you guys have any advice?

Do you guys have any recommended reading for wiring guitars?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Antihero

Common practice with humbuckers is to use 500K pots and a .02uF cap, but it's a personal choice. If you want a single master volume and tone, the StewMac P-Bass kit and your choice of selector switches is probably the easiest way to go - the Jazz kit (along with a selector switch) will give you two volumes with a master tone, or the LP kit will give you the standard dual volume/tone setup that Gibson uses. HTH :D

Common practice with humbuckers is to use 500K pots and a .02uF cap, but it's a personal choice. If you want a single master volume and tone, the StewMac P-Bass kit and your choice of selector switches is probably the easiest way to go - the Jazz kit (along with a selector switch) will give you two volumes with a master tone, or the LP kit will give you the standard dual volume/tone setup that Gibson uses. HTH  :D

Basically i really want to make sure the maple body doesnt make the sound too bright. Is their any other downsides to using 250k pots besides it loosing some highs?

After some thought i have decided to go with a master volume and 2 tone controls so i guess neither will work for me,but thank you for responding!

...i have decided to go with a master volume and 2 tone controls so i guess neither will work for me...
So buy the Jazz bass kit, a selector switch and one extra cap - the only real difference between a volume control and a tone control is the cap, so you'll be good to go! Wire each pickup to a tone pot and wire it to the selector switch, then wire the common lead from the switch to the master volume and the output jack. HTH