My/tom Delonges Signature Strat

:D Hey this is my progress on my very first guitar.

I am enojying building this guitar and love it because I made it, but I feel ashamed to show it here, because of the many flaws so yer sorry for the eyesore but I still like it and am proud i did so well I am only 16 and have little woodworking experience,

sorry no pic for now because i have to wait for photobucket to activate my account sorry but for now this is pratically it.tomdelonge.jpg

Just thought id add some specs

Body:Tasmanian oak

Neck:tasmainian oak, jarrah

fretboard:jarrah

and also some sassy bass veneer

pickups and harware unknown and all other hardware i made

So this is gonna be a pretty patriotic guitar YER come on Aussie

maybe i should paint the Australian flag on it.

Edited by blink 182

Looks just like a real Squier Tom Delonge!

All y'all might not know...the Tom Delonge is (I'm pretty sure) the only Squier guitar whose body is made from Alder, just like the real Fender strats. I've examined several of both, and they are identical as far as I can tell. It can be a pretty inexpensive way to pick up a good strat body.

hey dude,

nice to see another aussie on here, jarah is a niiiiice choice for fretboard, im gonna try get some for my bass which is stil on the drawing boards.

back on topic, aye, did u use templates or a drawing as a guide or anything?, cos it looks like u free handed it on the bandsaw with a mental picture as ur guide. the treble, half looks ok, but ur bass side is up the creek, u could chop it off, glue another bit on there, then try again, but then i would do a transperant finish. i think ur neck alignment is a little off, might wanna re-rout the pocket, but other then that its a great first attempt. dont beat urself up about it or quit either,id put it down to experience, u can only learn from ur mistakes, if not learn from other peoples ones,

keep at it man, i try not to offend, if u are in any way, u can find me and give me a right kick up the arse

luke

:D:D

ps. where in oz r u?

Looks just like a real Squier Tom Delonge!

All y'all might not know...the Tom Delonge is (I'm pretty sure) the only Squier guitar whose body is made from Alder, just like the real Fender strats.  I've examined several of both, and they are identical as far as I can tell.  It can be a pretty inexpensive way to pick up a good strat body.

Actually, all of the current Affinity Series Squiers should have Alder bodies. The Squier Deluxe Series have basswood or mahogany bodies depending upon the exact model. The Squier Standard series all look to be made out of Agathis. The Delonge was a Standard series guitar, but you are correct that it should have had an Alder body.

I must say, I was pretty impressed with the quality of the Squier Affinity Strats ("crafted in China"). The electronics leave a little to be desired, but the neck is smooth like butter, and the feel of the whole package is pretty nice, especially for a $125 guitar. Mine has no problems staying in tune, though I stay off the tremolo. An excellent base if you want to build a Strat up and you don't have the skills to build your own yet, or the money to buy higher priced parts.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...