Paint...

Well you guys read my other post about the Jackson PS4. I was wondering...is it ok to paint it, because the paint it has now is really skrewed up by the previous owner. I was wondering if I should take it down to wood and then paint. The guy at Guitar Center said it was ok just to get it flat, spray automotive primer, then sand it flat, then paint it black with high gloss automotive paint, then clear coat it with, you got it, automotive clearcoat. Does this sound reasonable to you? I am fairly limited on my money, so I cannot really buy anything too fancy. Oh the paint he told me to get was spray paint. Then I could do stencils and custo it before i clear coat it. Any reasonable doubts/problems? I know I will be losing money, but I am getting an incredible deal on this, and I just want something that looks reasonable to rock on. :D:D

Any ideas/warnings/criticism are appreciated.

Thanks!

REvian

You probably shouldn't have started a new thread, or at the very least you should have started it in the appropriate forum. :D

To answer your question, automotive paint is perfectly fine for finishing a guitar. Another alternative would be to put an oil finish one it. I have seen black stains at hardware stores, so you could perhaps even stain it black and then finish it with tung oil or something along those lines. It won't be gloss, but it would, in my opinion, be easier.