Where Can I Get Silver Wire From...

Matt

OK well ive had a bit of a scout around but there doesn't seem to be anywhere near me that sells silver wire.

Its for a Jem vine inlay, silver wire is the only thing i can think of unless i can get some good stainless wire from somewhere.

does anyone have any ideas? and what size the actual wire on jem inlays are?

thanks

Matt

I didn't seen you're in UK e not US. Sorry I don't know any link in UK.

BTW I think a supplier for jewelers will have it. The stem of a JEM is about 1,5 mm. The number of the gauge is 14 (just about 1,6 mm).

Ask for a square wire. Hope it's useful this time!!!!

Gian

OK well ive had a bit of a scout around but there doesn't seem to be anywhere near me that sells silver wire.

Its for a Jem vine inlay, silver wire is the only thing i can think of unless i can get some good stainless wire from somewhere.

does anyone have any ideas? and what size the actual wire on jem inlays are?

thanks

Matt

Matt,

what you need is a bullion dealer not a normal jewellers, jewellers are NOT allowed, by law, to sell any gold or silver that isn't hallmarked and obviously a un-specified length of silver stock ain't gonna be hallmarked. Not a million miles away from you in Southsea are Goulds Jewellers (do a search and if no joy pm me and i'll send a link) and these ARE a bullion dealer. Very efficient online ordering and silver stock isn't quite as expensive as you think...mind you it ain't so cheap either.

Laters,

Jem :D

Yes Batfink is right. here in Italy we have jewellers that can supply that stuff, but usually they aren't simple sellers of jewels. However with that gauge and square wire you're ok.