5-way W/anderson Hums

:D

Hi,

OK, I'm embarrassed. How do I wire an Anderson H1 in the neck and an Anderson H3+ in the bridge to a 5-way two-sided blade switch so that I can get

5) neck alone humbucker

4) neck split single coil

3) both hums

4) bridge split single coil

5) bridge alone humbucker

Being that I'm dense, I need the color wires to waht pole on the switch, etc. I've searched but can't find this. Please help.

Tahnks and Peace,

Dave

:D Thank you, Thank you. I really appreciate the replies and all the help. Are there any other ways to maybe vary the positions on the 5-way switch so it also works?

Peace,

Dave

Try this -

That's a two pole switch - a four pole gives you more options, but this has all the choices you listed.

Edited by lovekraft

:D Hi again,

I hate to be a bother, but my 5-way lever switches only have 4 lugs on each side. Is there a way to use these? Would it be better to go:

1) Bridge split

2) bridge hum

3) both hums

4) Neck hum

5) Neck split

Peace,

Dave

Try this -

5way_std.png

That's a two pole switch - a four pole gives you more options, but this has all the choices you listed.

:D Thanks, anyway. I appreciate the help. I'll lok for the 5-lug model. Any sources you can give me?

Peace,

Dave

I don't know of any way to do it with a stock Strat-style switch, sorry. The problem is that a stock switch isn't really a 5-way switch, it's a 3-way that simply shorts 1 and 3 together to get position 2, and 3 and 5 to get position 4.

The Stew-Mac Superswitch is the easiest to find. The Allparts EP0078-000 (which Brian carries) and the WD WDE5DL Oak single wafer will also work well - if you're set up as an OEM/dealer with WD, I highly recommend that Oak single wafer (and if you're not, it's usually just a matter of a phone call to get set up, since you're a builder). HTH

Edited by lovekraft

:D Thanks for all the help, Lovecraft!

Peace,

Dave

The Stew-Mac Superswitch is the easiest to find. The Allparts EP0078-000 (which Brian carries) and the WD WDE5DL Oak single wafer will also work well - if you're set up as an OEM/dealer with WD, I highly recommend that Oak single wafer (and if you're not, it's usually just a matter of a phone call to get set up, since you're a builder). HTH