Hello Im A New Member

First timer! heres a little info on myself: :D yes Im a darn smoker!

James McGee 38yrs old

Statesboro Ga,

Installer for lowes ( windows doors appliances)

Shop out back 26x41

Metal working is one of my "Productive" hobbies

Built 1 guitar 20 years ago (stolen) ..... was junk anyway

Descent wood worker.

have 2 acoustics a Samick and a Kay, 2 electrics 1 Epi LesPaul, and a Yamaha RGX 603S.

married w/ 2 daughters

AND...........................

have mini mill, mini lathe,2 welders, small band saw, chop saw, table saw, router, 12" planer, 2 roto zips, jig and skill saw, 10 " polisher (grinder type) and lots of other small tools.... I need a joiner and bisket cutter.

I have a Roland stika vinyl cutter, can cut 9 3/4 width and 39" in height

If anyone needs anything cut let me know I'm cheap and will using the cash to replace the supplies and donate the rest to the site here....Or Willing to trade for luthier materials or books...

I really love this site! Im going to start my New Guitar In about 2 weeks as soon as my Home mede bush hog is complete!

Awesome! Nice to have you aboard. Depending on what I decide to do with some roller saddles Frank's sending me (some day :D ) I may need your advice on fabricating a bridge for them. !

Have fun, and be sure to build a guitar sometime. :D

Greg

Hey man, welcome! I'm sure you will have some good advice to offer some members being that you have quite a bit of woodworking skills, I would assume that you are good by the specific tools and amount of tools you have. Also there is a ton of information here for yourself to learn how to build guitars. Having the previous knowledge of wood and having the skills you do,learning to build guitars won't take as much time as most.

I was wondering if you have any pictures you could put a link to, so we could see some work you have done. If you don't, no worries but I would really like to see some wood work other than guitar once and a while. I'm sure you have read the rules(if not do), so you can post one pic 640x480pixels, and the rest need to be linked. So if you have some pics please post them wood or metal, I'm sure a lot of people here would be interested in seeing your work. I know I would. Well nice to meet you and good luck with the guitar building. Anytime you have a question, just ask assuming that you have searched the site first, searching will give you more than enough info on most subjects, but if you don't find anything by all means ask. We will gladly try to help. Hope you enjoy this site, it is a great place to learn and share info, there isn't another site I would rather be. Talk to you later! Jason