Trem Claw Problomes

Im finishing off a guitar I was given in a half built state and has some flaws with the work done to date. The trem claw screw where put in crooked and now when the claw is out far enough to let the springs reach the trem block it sits too high and the back plate cant go on. I was wondering if I could possabley take out the screws and fill the hole with wood glue and toothpicks then screw the screws back in correctly? Will this effect the stability of the trem?

Also when putting on the strap locks I forgot to put on the pads would I have to refill those holes in the same way if I took out the screws and reinstalled the pins?

Cheers

Cheers I thought that without having them they may damage the finsh and things of that nature.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on new screws in Europe? Ill have a look in town tomorrow, the ones on it now arent very long anyway.

Cheers I thought that without having them they may damage the finsh and things of that nature.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on new screws in Europe? Ill have a look in town tomorrow, the ones on it now arent very long anyway.

A 'DECENT' hardware shop, you know, the brown dust jacket variety.....all to few and far between now but a complete mine if you can find one.

Jem

Anywhere. B&Q, Wilkinsons, Woolworths, etc... Anywhere that sells screws. Id say try B&Q or something simular as they carry a huge range of screws with differing lengths and thicknesses.