Ebay Seller Did A Number On Me

deadmike

here was me thinking id found a real bargain.

a black encore guitar (probably the cheapest and most popular guitar in the world) on ebay for a pittance and i won it!

it arrived quite quickly and was so eager to strip it down for parts to build my next guitar. ive dealt with encores before so i know what i can use and what i cant.

imagine my utter utter horror at first unwrapping the guitar from nothing but bubblewrap and selotape! it was a total piece of junk!

the body was chipped and scrathed to hell!

the neck was worn down so much on the board and the frets.

the machine heads were archiac and broken.

when i plugged it in it crackled so much it practically wept.

obviously i eagerly checked the auction page and of course there was the get out clause "im not a musical person.. so i cant say anything about this" the photo was very cleverly taken to conceal just about every ding on it.

so you could say... ive been had. ive argued for a refund and it seems hes going to do it... when i send the guitar back. something tells me this story hasnt ended yet.

all this from a guy with good feedback. my confidence in ebay destroyed :D

Wait until he leaves you feedback. If it's good, then you won't have to leave him a negative feedback.

ebay can be very frusterating. I really hate it when people list items, and they don't describe it as new or old, and the only description they give is from the retail site. LAME

-Jamie

its all still not resolved yet.

his claim to refund me "all my money", what means by that could be my initail costs (the auction price + postage) but that might not include the cost of sending the thing back, so im sending second class as cheaply as i can.

as for feedback, if i get a full refund then fine, positive feedback and i'll put it down to a misunderstanding.

i guess i shouldnt get so worked up about these things, i suppose its the thought that something might go wrong and i could end out of pocket, no guitar, and negative feedback...

similar thing happened to me

I bought an epiphone les paul neck, in "great condition"

i got a beat up semi-hollowbody neck with a large crack in the fingerboard, a huge scratch on the back, a very dinged up peghead, and it only had 20 frets, with tons of fretware. I sent it back, and the guy I bought it from ( quickdeals4you ) was great, he gave me a full refund.

I had a problem on ebay once too but it all got worked out. I bought a pickup and a floyd from a guy and i waited for them to arrive. I waited a month or so and finally i used ebays settlement program. After a short amount of emaiol correspondance with the seller he determined the parts had gotten lost in the mail and he shipped me replacements free of charge,express shipping. A class act that one was, my faith in ebay has not been lost yet.

when i ordered my MG100DFX from ebay it was a nightmare. I won teh auction and liek 2 days later i get an email from ebay saying the seller has been suspended for various reasons (never found those reasons out) and if possible to cancel your payment, and do not go throught with the purchase. I was going t ocancel the money order I sent them but I didn't have my copy of it I dunno what happened to it. So basically all I can do is wait and hope to god that i didn't get ripped off. So I waited for like a month and a half thinking that I Was ripped off and that I should start saving up to buy another one. Then right at 2 months I finally got the amp in the mail. I was happy and kind of pised at the same time.