A Truss Rod Question

To give a neck more forward bow/relief, is the truss rod to be turned towards the Low E string, ie. counter-clockwise when looking at it from the guitar body?

Just wanted to check before I try and fix some horrible fret buzz on my new pacifica 812v..

ps. and yes I know not to turn the rod more than a 1/4 turn a day, a rather less..

To give a neck more forward bow/relief, is the truss rod to be turned towards the Low E string, ie. counter-clockwise when looking at it from the guitar body?

Just wanted to check before I try and fix some horrible fret buzz on my new pacifica 812v..

ps. and yes I know not to turn the rod more than a 1/4 turn a day, a rather less..

If you want to apply relief to the neck you loosen the rod by turning the rod end - the nut, slot, whatever - to the left, or anti clockwise.

Just remember the old saying, "righty tighty, lefty loosy." Most factory guitars are this way, when your facing the adjustment. Just get you a 18" straightedge and check the fingerboard before you turn it, then turn it left to see if you have more relief. If not then the truss rod was installed reverse or was made that way. Should be no problem figuring out how the truss rod adjust your guitar. All you need is a straightedge, and some feeler guages to check everything.