Swirl Colour Ideas

Hello Everyone, I have finally moved back to the UK and set up my stuff for painting again. Just wondered if anyone has any ideas for cool swirl combinations? I have just done a red yellow swirl(see pic) and Im thinking it is missing something. maybe a touch of white might go nicely. The guitar is just a test body which is why its bumpy and stuff. Its just to see what colours look like.

22605584586.jpg

Hey Bro, I see swirl is no more a mistery for you :D I'm so concentrate on neck I stopped any trial. I have to begin again.

For that.... I really liked the GMC and the Blue MC. I don't see tha red-yellow a good-looking combination! Did you try the pink-yellow-purple (or green)? That seems me a nice combination.

BTW the white does't seem a good choice as 3rd color, blue may be or orange, fuchsia. I really don't know cuz it dosn't inspire me :D

On idea I'm toying with for a re-finish is a white basecoat, with a layer of varnish which has a load of Glow-in-the-dark or UV reactive pigment, (probably green glow) then swirling black over the top. The pigment I've got is white in normal light, so it'd look like a black and white swirl, until it got under the UV, and turned glowy green and black.

That Red/yellow swirl could probably do with a darker accent, like dark blue, or maybe black. Blue would be good as it would then have all 3 sides of teh colour wheel.

Hey,  how is that swirl tutorial coming?

Yeah, well.. I have done the picutres and the video and had done the setup section but in the move back to the uk the html was 'lost' so I will need to redo the begginning which is a bit annoying. But it isnt forgotton. I am trying to fit it into studying in prep for uni.

I am trying to compile a collection of differant swirl colors, I have started an online album with some of them which may be of interest to you. --> My Images.

I will be adding different ones to this every time i do them. When the tut is done this will be improved to show what colours i used and base coat colour etc...