Post Fitting

Can anyone tell me if the posts are supposed to fit tightly into the hole (use a dead-blow to pound them in) or should they just drop into the hole without any force?

I have nothing to go by for this installation - if anyone can point me to a site that has a Floyd installation guide that would be great also. I don't think I'm going to have time to wait to order another video from stewmac.

Thanks.

DaveQ

Hi Dave, they should fit snuggly.........

If you need to tap them in with a hammer place a piece of cardboard or cloth over the top to avoid damage. Usually I measure the diameter on the outside of the anchors and minus the depth of the ribs running down the sides so they can grab into the wood.

In case anyone else wants to know, here's what I found:

I am using an original Floyd Rose Trem (from Warmoth). I used a 25/64 bit (thanks to KrazyDerek for letting me believe this could be right). The posts seemed like they were not going to go in and I was worried that I would pound them in part of the way and try to back out and be stuck.

They actually went in fairly easily with a dead-blow and a piece of oak. I put them as far in as I could without running into trouble on the back side. After trying it out with the bridge and some test strings - things are starting to look decent B) . I really didn't have anything solid to go by for guessing the proper depth except an estimate of the fret height and the maximum depth the guitar's body would allow.

I guess time will tell if I have to rip it back out somehow. Thanks very much to all who helped. I will try not to bother you too much at least until I get to the painting/finishing stage (yikes :D ).

Dave

I drilled the holes for my stud anchors too big. But I just epoxied them and they are rock solid. I didn't want to pound mine in because I had carved out a lot of wood in the trem cavity and was afraid it would split, the holes were very near the outside of the wood. I pretty much fly by the seat of my pants with this stuff. I'm not so much for that fancy book-learnin' :D