Which Pick Ups?

elkathio-bucket

I'm currently doing up my old bass, i;ve re shaped the body and am hoping to cmpletey replace the neck, pick ups, electronics and other hardwear. I don't really know much about pick ups but i've go it fixed in my head that for my first guitar project I want a single soap bar pick up (not sperate bridge and neck pick ups) that is about 3.5" by 4.5". This would preferably be active and I was hoping for a Seymore Duncan or Bartolini but i don't even know if a pickup like the one i'm describing exists.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. I would also appreciate advice about other pick ups becuase i'm not hopeful that I can find what I'm looking for.

Sorry for not being very specific or if this is a ridiculous request.

Thanks

that is too large.you are not going to find that unless you build it yourself.

why not take 3 emgs,put them side to side,and wire them all hot to the volume pot without a switch.

i assume that would give you the range of magnetic width or whatever that you are going for?then just make a thin plastic cover to cover all of them.