What Do I Mix For This?

Hi,

I was wondering if you guys new what the best thing is to dye epoxy red like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-jem-RG-replacem...1QQcmdZViewItem

I was going to inlay with a red wood but this seems much easier. What would you guys recomend and has anyone played a neck like this? The inlay will be pretty bis so what will it feel like?

Cheers

i have also had good result by mixing your run of the mill stain in, makes the stuff a little runny if working with the stuff after heating, i always work it cold, alot stiffer, and seems to fill better cold than hot

let me know how it goes

luke

:D

you are better off to thin the epoxy so the air bubbles will release.

Im not sure if I can get the Stewmac dyes as Im in Ireland and I dont think they ship internationaly. Also what should I use to thin the epoxy? Ive never mixed Epoxy before and so theres alot of firsts for me here, hence all the questions.

I gotta go find a place to buy some here next weekend. Im gonna order the fingerboard this week from lmii and then Ill shoot stewmac an email about the dye.

Also I was wondering if this is the stewmac dye you use http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supp...uid_Stains.html

Thanks

Edited by 68 lost souls

Im not sure if I can get the Stewmac dyes as Im in Ireland and I dont think they ship internationaly. Also what should I use to thin the epoxy? Ive never mixed Epoxy before and so theres alot of firsts for me here, hence all the questions.

I gotta go find a place to buy some here next weekend. Im gonna order the fingerboard this week from lmii and then Ill shoot stewmac an email about the dye.

Also I was wondering if this is the stewmac dye you use http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supp...uid_Stains.html

Thanks

yes that is what i uise...you can get similar dyes everywhere.

i use denatured alcohol to thin the epoxy

yes that is what i uise...you can get similar dyes everywhere.

i use denatured alcohol to thin the epoxy

I wish...I'm still looking for a supplier of quality metal-acid complex dyes. Anilines are simply found, though.

oh yeah...your right.i thought those were aniline.i guess i only paid attention to what they were compatible with.

maybe lmii?

I wish...I'm still looking for a supplier of quality metal-acid complex dyes. Anilines are simply found, though.

oh yeah...your right.i thought those were aniline.i guess i only paid attention to what they were compatible with.

maybe lmii?

Sadly not. Won't ship internationally, due to hazardous substances (says so on their metallic complex dyes page) The idiotic thing is, until, oh, 4-5 months ago, getting ColorTone shipped by air wasn't an issue. Only wish I'd bought the full set back then.