Good luck with that. If they even had the patience to pack them up and ship to you, they'd have the patience to re-do a botched paint-job, etc.

Of course , by mentioning that I'd be content to build a guitar with a "flawed body", I have to be accused of unethical standards, or whatever that crap was supposed to be.

This is probably the only guitar building forum where you can promote guitar destroying without much opposition. I don't think it would fly on MIMF.

Well hells bells if you're gonna trash a guitar you may as well film it and give us some entertainment! If you can't be creative in the guitar's con-struction you could at least show some creativity in its dee-struction. Try stuff like wood chippers, shotguns and explosives. Stick it under the back wheel of the car and see how hard it hits the brick wall when you do a burnout. We just wanna see the guitar get finished... one way or another. :D

Edited by Southpa
Stick it under the back wheel of the car and see how hard it hits the brick wall when you do a burnout.

Dont tempt me, I've got some practise bodies I could do that to, I'll have to ask my brother cos hes the only one who can work the clutch in the "good car", He'll probably say something about protecting his precious eagers, but its worth the try.

On one of my very first builds, I made a horrible mistake - routed through the body :D

I had been talking to Drak through the process and when I told him about this, he talked me into "fixing" my problem and finishing the guitar. For a rank beginner, it was wonderful advice. I ended up with a functional, nice playing guitar and learned some stuff I wouldn't probably have learned if all had gone perfectly. (It's the Zebrawood in my sig)

I've since found that the craft of building involves a lot of fixing the screw-ups. I will also advise new builders to have reasonable expectations. Your first build will probably not be a Drak quality piece, but appreciate it for what it is and figure out what you can do better next time.

Marty