Router Bits In The Uk

chunkielad

I want to get me a router bit for working with templates - problem is, they all seem to be in the US!

Is there a good supplier in the UK for this as every where I try to get one has them with the bearing at the end not on the shaft or if they are on the shaft the cutting length is too long (like the one I have now!

I agree, Axminster.co.uk, but...check the prices including shipping at Routerbits.com first. Chances are it'll still be cheaper to go with them, and keep in mind their bits (Whiteside) are on par with the CMT bits Axminster sells, not their cheaper line of router bits.

I'm in NL, and I tend to go with Routerbits.com for bits, Axminster for some other tool needs.

I agree, Axminster.co.uk, but...check the prices including shipping at Routerbits.com first. Chances are it'll still be cheaper to go with them, and keep in mind their bits (Whiteside) are on par with the CMT bits Axminster sells, not their cheaper line of router bits.

I'm in NL, and I tend to go with Routerbits.com for bits, Axminster for some other tool needs.

I can also recommend axminster, however the perform range of cutters are rubbish and i cannot recommend them.

The best place i've found for router bits is: Tool Shop Direct. They have a vast range of Trend Cutters, which are IMO superb, I got a 50mm long 1/5 Flush trim pattern cutter for around £30 - cheapers than elsewhere and also a better cutter.

They don't have what I need...I've got an 8 mm shank here...there are routers here that accept a 6 mm shaft, and I could probably borrow one...except that Stewmac's bits are 1/4" which is a little too wide...

PITA!

If you've got any sort of brand-name router, you can get a 1/4" collet. They're common as anything all over the UK. It's one of the first things I did when I got my 8mm collet router, and it's been worth every penny.