Re Finish Old Guitar

selmac

this is an old Quest Atak 1 guitar I bought off my uncle who bought at a pawn shop for $60CDN. it was originally black with a humbucker at the bridge and single at the neck. also it had the output jack on the pickguard. I stripped the paint off with a RO sander and heat gun. I then tried to sand it as best I could to get rid of the innumerable dents and gouges in the wood. I also routed out a humbucker cavity at the bridge and drilled a hole for the output jack on the back edge. I then made a new pickguard and trem cavity cover from some clear plastic I had lying around. I sprayed the body with duplicoulor metalcast red and used mastercraft automotive clear coat. the pickups are hand-me-downs from my dads friends LP. I decoupage the pickguard and trem cover with some stormwatch comic book my uncle gave me. this project cost me so far $80CND but I would like to put schaller straplocks on it and the knobs on it now are temporary until I can buy some LP style black knobs. guitar2.jpg

output jack

black one is the original

I'll try to get better pics later but I'm not having good luck with my camera