Diy Amp Kit On Ebay.de

Mickguard

Check out this amp kit...it looks like a variation on the AW84 project...nice price.

84baby

My German's not too great though --maybe someone here can translate it for me?

I understand that I have to supply my own cabinet and speaker, but what else?

Also, he sent me a schematic, can someone look at it and comment on it? Here's a thumbnail:

th_schematic_84baby.jpg

He says it shouldn't be a difficult build for a beginner...

I cant help much with the amp since i dont have a clue, nor do i know how to speak german but here is "babel fish's" version of the auction

Guitar amplifier, the ideal Uebungsamp, approx.. 2,5/5,5W, Triodes or Pentodenbetrieb switchable! 1x EL84, 1x ECC83, volume, 1 x input, Speaker + LINE Out The function kit contains all mechanical and electrical parts: Loetleisten, condensers, resistances, potentiometer, Trioden/Pentoden change over switch, transformers, Tubes (ECC83, EL84), versions, safety devices (with owner) Detailed illustrated guidance, connection diagram, colored bill of material For a complete amplifier the still following is necessary: Housing/chassis, power switch, cable, sockets, buttons Also as complete kit available. Further kits on request

Hope that helps

~~ SA ~~

Detailed illustrated guidance

If it's got that you shouldn't have any problems at all. That schematic looks prety darn simple. That amps about as easy as they come. I deffinitly think you could build it. But the instruntions are most likely gonig to be in german...

and it says complete kit avaliable. But from my understanding that one you linked to has everything except speaker and cab. (and solder and building tools, of course. just making that clear)

the only thing I'm wondering is what quality those output and input transformers are for that price.

Edited by Godin SD

Yeah, looks good, I like the fact that it's in English :D Oh yeah, and he's using EL84s, that's the sound I'm looking for..

I'm a few months away from being able to start an amp build, so I'll be happy to read your reports on your progress :D

I'm tempted to buy one now though, in case the guys goes out of business!