1st Guitar Revisited

OK, so I never really actually finished the first guitar I ever tried to build. SO I've decided to re-visit it. I'm in the process of TOTALLY reshaping the neck (cause it was OVER an inch thick in ALL places, and starting at the 12th fret just sloped up to meet the body at 2" thick! Lets just say it was a horrible neck...), striping the hand-brushed polyurithane colortone finish and replacing it with a black nitro back and sides, and a clear over it all. Also, the TOM tailpiece never lined up right, so the strings would get knocked off if you tried to play. Therefore, I'm building my own stop piece out on ebony that'll cover the TOM tailpiece's recess hole and hold the strings correctly.

MeuXL.jpg

The pics show how un-even the finish was (wasn't even grain filled!) and how the neck is coming along, etc.

Will update as things get done.

Chris

PS: Word to the wize, ALWAYS make sure you're 100% happy with a neck before gluing it cause this is proving VERY difficult to reshape the neck with it attached!