A Finished Musical Project...

not sure this is the forum to post this in, but this certainly was a 30 hour project and now its completed.... :D

anyway, I was wondering if you'd like to give me some feedback on a song that I've just recorded.

I composed, arranged, recorded and mixed the whole song in my bedroom... It is my first proper composition (and recording...), so I'm quite anxious about people's response to this.

please go to:

http://romansub.dmusic.com

and critique away!

I'm also very interested to hear which guitarists/bands this song might remind people of.

peace,

Roman

(feel free to move this elsewhere if this is the wrong forum).

oh yeah.... this is of a metal nature!!! :D

what i meant is go listen to some slayer and tell me that that doesnt sound like "you are my sunshine" in comparison, i agree about the bass and drums though

EDIT-second time listening to it, it really really reminds me of "im the hell outta here" by Mr.Vai

Edited by Nitefly SA

Yea VERY good, what did you use for the recording and mixing?

Matt

woo! :D

I used a Behringer V-amp II - that was plugged into my computer through the line-in input. I recorded and mixed everything in CoolEdit Pro, and I programmed the drums in Guitar Pro 4 before converting the midi file format into a WAV file.

the V-amp is a pain to work with, and is cheap... but gets some good tones as you can see.

hell of a lot of work, but I had great fun and hopefully I'll get round to doing some more tracks soon.

i'm glad you guys liked it! :D

Roman

Edited by StreamLine

Haha Cooledit! I used to use that.. I had some problems with levels, but generally it's not bad (not professional, but not crummy).. Now it's Adobe Audition, but it's basically the same. Nice to find a fellow metalhead (even though we're not that rare).. Keep on rocking, dude!