My First Shot

This is my first hand-made guitar, I hope you like it!

Specs:

Body: mahogany (sipo) back, Cypress top (very nice sound) (smaller than a standard LP)

Finish: Satin

Tuners/Bridge: Gotoh

Nut: Tusq

Neck: I bought it for a ridicolous price (E-bay) but that's very very good (nice finish, very confortable and playable)

Pickups: Di Marzio Evolution (bridge), Seymour Duncan Phat Cat (neck) (It sounds just like a FAT CAT!!)

Electronics: 1 Volume pot/ 3-way Switch/ 3-way miniswitch (to control the bridge pickup: I can have the two coils separate or the humbucker)

Strings: Ghs 011-0.53 for a Low tuning!!!

26tx.jpg

Edited by GnognoFasciani

In fact now I'm trying to complete my second guitar (acustic) and I've made the neck (I have some problems with the fretting work... :D )...

It sounds beautiful to me! The bridge pickup is very versatile you can play heavy chords and licks with the humbucker, you can have strato-like sounds with the north coil or tele-like with the south one...

Bridge+neck pickups combination is sweet for clean sounds and arpeggios even if sometimes that's better to use the bridge only because this combinations sounds too bassy...

Last but not least the neck pickup: This was a real surprise for its fat and sweet sound (just think about the sound of an old cat playng blues!), it's a p90 perfect to sound almost everything; It only has one flaw: it's a bit noisy, but that's normal for a singol coil (compared to an Humbucker..)..

Thank you for your compliments!!