Epi Lp

hi guys

hey i am getting a epi lp (gold top) the wood at the knob cavity has been pushed in. it is not completly caved in but it is bad enough that the wood is splintered and depressed into the cavity. if i could just push it back out from the back side of the guiatr it all would come back togather with a little attention to where pressure was applied. then a new paint job would hide the damaged area. is there any real fix for this or is this my only way? :D

I wouldn't use CA unless it is an slow drying one. I rather use titebond! Just use a C-clamp with a thick rubber caul that will comform to the carved shape and a piece of wood in the inside, pay attention in the inside too since the controls are recessed there too!

If you do it carefully enough, you might end up with hair lines on the paint (unless it chipped out already) and may not need to re-finish.

its actualy only pushed in around the two tone knobs. if done carefully i think the knobs them self would cover the hair lines . the paint has not chiped. seems like a lot of to-do for an epi but this particular one is the only one i have ever played that actualy played and sounded like a true les paul. i guess this particular one fell in the right jigs at the right time!

that actualy played and sounded like a true les paul

They are OK guitars, but nothing like the real one! No matter how good they are and how many mods you do to it! It will always be an Epi.

Mine sound great! after countless mods, but the Les Paul or any guitar similary build will (or should I say "should") sound better than any Epi, unless it is the Elitist (Elite) series, the wood on this ones are of a better quality than the regular ones.

that actualy played and sounded like a true les paul

They are OK guitars, but nothing like the real one! No matter how good they are and how many mods you do to it! It will always be an Epi.

Mine sound great! after countless mods, but the Les Paul or any guitar similary build will (or should I say "should") sound better than any Epi, unless it is the Elitist (Elite) series, the wood on this ones are of a better quality than the regular ones.

the wood is mahagany/maple top and the p/u are p-90. true epi is epi, but i still get tone and playability thats in fact better than "some" gibson pauls that i have played. as far as the elite series goes i dont know musicians friend is selling one just like it and the call it some kinda speacial release or something like that? anyways im pleased with it and thats what is really most important. :D