Set-in Bodies

Where could I buy a Set-neck body? I saw that website someone gave me in the last website that has the set-necks for only like $200, so think I might order one of those, but where can I get some custom bodies that have Set neck routes already? I would feel kinda risky doing that, if like the strings aren't high enough and all that stuff lol.. Any info for me is help, Thanks buds

Why not build a body?

The real problem with what you want is how different builders approach a set neck varies widely. It would be very difficult for a builder to offer a generic set neck body without offering a matching neck. Your best bet would be to find a body that has absolutely no neck pocket at all, then route a pocket for whatever set neck you're buying.

peace,

russ

Edited by thegarehanman

Yea that is totally true.. The problem is I dunno if I even know a carpenter who can even route stuff for me! let alone know what hes doing heh.. so I'm trying to get everything done without the use of routing or anything, but guess thats unavoidable.. yeah if I get this neck made though, it should be alot easier to just build my own body and route it myself, assuming I learn how to make the correct scale length.. but I heard with a floyd u can adjust the intonation? is that true? confirm it someone hehe

You can adjust the intonation with any bridge, except a select few such as acoustic bone bridges etc. Anyhow, intonation adjustments are for just that, adjusting intonation. You should not rely on those adjustments to correct for placing the bridge in the wrong position based on your scale length. Measure twice and you shouldn't have trouble placing your bridge correctly. There are plenty of books out there with all of the information you need.

peace,

russ

the link you may have seen is soulmate guitars

http://www.soulmateguitars.com/Necks.htm

talk to Doug maybe he'll do a body for you also..the worst he can say is no

here's a great site of someone who uses Doug's necks and creates his own bodies..great photos that really show you how to go about doing one

click on guitar photo's for complete build of each

http://www.guitaristjeffmiller.com/guitars.htm

Edited by MOJO