Help Building A Neck Through...

First of all, I'd like to say hi :D . I'm new here, and look forward to becoming a contributing member of the forum.

Now for my question...

I'm building my first neck through guitar, and I've finished the neck. I'm getting the wings soon, and have absolutely no idea how to go about attatching them to the neck. I know you use wood glue, but is there any method(s) you can use to get it glued on as tightly and accurately as possible?

admittedly, i haven't built a neck through yet, however, i would think attaching the wings would be similar to glueing a body up. just make sure the edges are cut clean and true then glue with your favorite wood glue (titebond, for example) and clamp. i have seen some builders who save the pieces they cut off when bandsawing out the body shape to use as clamping cauls. again, i haven't built a neck through so take my advice with a grain of salt.

I used wooden pins when attaching the wings on a neck-through, because I wasn't confident that the pieces wouldn't slide. Probably wasn't entirely necessary, but the extra assurance was helpful. I used four big pipe clamps (alternating from each side of the body to keep the joint from flexing up or down) and wood glue. Make sure your surfaces to be joined are flush.

Forbidden

B):D

::click::

The page cannot be found

:D

What, you can't expect me to actually verify the information I post can you?

Forbidden

Your client is not allowed to access the requested object.

Sorry Mick, that's probably all part of Bill O'Reilly's boycot on France :DB)

Anyhow, I know this isn't the most ideal, but I found this version of the page on the Internet Archive, but it is lacking pictures.

Here

On an unrelated note, if you're looking for a webpage that doesn't exist or has changed since the last time you were there vist the Internet Archive, their goal is to document and back up the entire internet.

On an unrelated note, if you're looking for a webpage that doesn't exist or has changed since the last time you were there vist the Internet Archive, their goal is to document and back up the entire internet.

..and even more fun than the Wayback Machine, you've got the audio archive of trade-friendly band gigs. Thousands of shows by a variety of different artists, lossless compression and free, legal downloads.