Look At My First Guitar!

Just wanted to thank everyone on guitar forum for all the help and questions with refinishing my first guitar. This is a picture of it while the final clear coat is drying. There is still much sanding and polishing to be done but i wanted to let everyone see how it is coming along.

I got the idea from this comic book.

th_coverspiderman.jpg

th_clearcoat1.jpg

th_spideycoat1.jpg

Tell me what you guys think!!

Steven

Ps also let me know if there is anywhere in ga that i can learn hands on how to be a luthier. :D

Nice. I'm a huge McFarlane fan and had all the #1 covers for that issue. As long as that orange peel in the pictures isn't under the clear, that's going to be an awesome looking guitar!

GBT

What do you mean by Orange peel? Thanks I am still working on it. I am wetsanding today and then probably adding another layer of clear.

steve

Nice. I'm a huge McFarlane fan and had all the #1 covers for that issue. As long as that orange peel in the pictures isn't under the clear, that's going to be an awesome looking guitar!

GBT

What do you mean by Orange peel?

Orange peel is that "bumbiness" you get after a coat of clear cures but before you do your final sanding and polishing.

thanks i was wondering what that was. Is there any way to fix that while you are spraying or is it just something you have to deal with? I was also wondering about wetsanding. I have never done it before and i am sure that there is a tutorial on it but i was gonn ask since someone brought it up. Could someone help me. I don't know whether i should bare down hard and after i sand do i need to add another coat of clear?

I appreciate the help

Steve