Removing Ibanez Edge Trem Body Inserts

First, sorry for not beiong so community minded and ignoring the forums... :D anyhoo, down to the question:

Was rather busy and in the heat of the moment thought that I could do just as good a job of drilling trem insert holes in the body by hand while the drill press was busy...they looked fine until the trem was fitted and alas the holes are too close together. Anyway, is there a simple way of removing the inserts (I know there are a number of experienced luthiers here who might have a trick or two up their virtual sleeve)?

The only options I can see are:

(1) drilling from below and pushing the inserts out that way

or

(2) finding somehting that has the same thread and pulling them out using it...

Both are pretty alkward ideas, so I would appreciate any alternatives

Thanks

Where's Perry's "bad advice" pic ?

CLAW HAMMER ?

First you need to cut any finish going over the edges of the insert, or you'll pull big pieces of finish up with the insert.

So you do that, then you need something like a "padded washer", then real washers on top of that. Something that allows the threaded trem-post to go through it, yet the head of the threaded post does not. Then you screw your trem-post as it pulls the insert up. (the bottom of the threaded trem post is bearing against the washer(s) below it.

Something that allows the threaded trem-post to go through it, yet the head of the threaded post does not.

The heads of my trem posts are the same diameter as the threaded part so it's not a universal solution.

I've used this method succssfully but with a bolt instead of the trem post.

Edited by Saber

thanks for the tips guys... I tried them all and some others that i thought of... in the end I did drill holes behind the inserts and tap them out with a nail. It turns out the finish i used was not meltable and I wanted to keep the inserts for something else... all is good