For The Next Contest

For the next mini contest....  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

so whats the deal, is this happening or what??

i have the whole project planned, and i think it will be a great learning experience for my first build.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Construction grade acoustic instrument? Is that what you mean when you say 2 x 4?

I don't think acoustic is the idea. It could be, or it could have pickups and be electric.

The idea of taking a Pine 2x4, which is probably the crummiest wood you could use, and turning it into something playable is more of how I interpret the idea.

I'd love to do it anyway, contest or not, just to see if it really is a crappy as we all think it is. As cheap and readily available as 2x4s are, it would be a good chance to get some practice in on some cheap material.

Hmmmm... MDF body with a 2x4 neck. :D

Construction grade acoustic instrument? Is that what you mean when you say 2 x 4?

I don't think acoustic is the idea. It could be, or it could have pickups and be electric.

The idea of taking a Pine 2x4, which is probably the crummiest wood you could use, and turning it into something playable is more of how I interpret the idea.

I'd love to do it anyway, contest or not, just to see if it really is a crappy as we all think it is. As cheap and readily available as 2x4s are, it would be a good chance to get some practice in on some cheap material.

Hmmmm... MDF body with a 2x4 neck. :D

Bah! MDF. Everyone knows old-skool masonite's the stuff with all the tone!