Glueing A Bolt On

olyen

Gentlemen,I have this guitar that I started as a bolt on project ,i want to do it a set neck now, only because it is for me a lot easier to just glue the neck in and forget about it,some people claim that you get a better sounding instrument too, i dont know but anyways ,my concern is that I want it to be a strong joint and dont know if that is possible with this neck pocket,has anyone done this before? what was your experience? I d really love some help with this, thank you very much.

ttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/olyen/DSC030411.jpg

ttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/olyen/DSC030421.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/olyen/DSC030401.jpg

Is the pocket so tight that when you stick the neck in it, you have to apply a bit of force to get it in, and you can pick up the guitar by the neck without screws,glue, or clamps connecting the two?

If not, you're better off not gluing it in. I'd say that even if the pocket is tight, there's not really enough contact area there to make that much difference in screwed vs. glued. In fact, I'd tend to trust a screwed joint more on that body/neck combo, since there's no real mortise/tenon joint.

Of course, I have no hard factual evidence to support my position, just trusting my gut (which I earned, thank you very much :D ).

yeah,the pocket is not that tight, is good but not that tight that i can hold the guitar by the neck,well ,maybe i should just bolt it then ,i really appreciate your feedback,thank s a lot.