Project Guitar Voice Setup Tutorial

Ok this should be pretty easy to do even if you never had any expiriencewith setting up team speak before in your life so lets ge to it.

First thing to do is offcourse to download the exe file on you pc and here is link where you can find it:

Team Speak

Be sure to download a client for your platform.

Once TS downloads on your pc run the exe file and install it on you pc.

When instalation is over run the ts and follow next few steps:

1 When you run TS it should look something like this:

TS1.gif

2. Go to the upper left corner of a programm and click on connection and from the drop down meni choose quick connect.

TS2.gif

3. After step 2 new window will apear.

TS3.gif

On this new window for a server address enter the ip number for PG voice server

The IP number is: 85.25.17.173:8701

In the field nickname enter your PG nickname.

You do not have to enter any other info if you are not a server administrator.

Click on connect.

4. After step 3 you are connected to a GP voice server.

TS4.gif

To enter a PG chat you must enter a password

The password for PG is: guitar

And now you are ready to talk.

So here are essential informations for the server once again:

USERNAME: Your username on PG forum

PASSWORD: guitar(you enter this password only when allready connected to PG voice)

SERVER ADDRESS: 85.25.17.173:8701

Enjoy

OK...well that seemed to go alright. I did find that with the quick connect procedure it didn't like the optional login name filled out, just the server number and the nickname fields...otherwise got an error - bad filename/password - message. Not filling out that field got an instant connection. (Windows XP)

Of course no one was there!!! I am 10 hours ahead of the USA in Australia, so it's going to be a bit weird working out when people will be using it....also I'd better get a mic or let the guitar do the talking for me...lol.

Also let me say that this looks like wonderful technology...and i confess to not knowing much about it...but there does seem to be a few dangers that may nedd to be addressed or at least discussed at the outset.

My first concern is for the continued writtenand pictorial resource that is Project Guitar. I hope that this media does not become a substitute for PG's message boards. A lot of things will be said and disscussed and disappear into the cyber-ether with no record for future reference. That would dilute the PG content and possibly make threads a little disjointed.

The second concern is regarding rules. Do the same rules apply as to the rest of Project Guitar? We all know that at times PG can get a little "fruity" from time to time. Things may be discussed, noses put out of joint, etc...with out any permanent reference on the message board as is the case now. Will it be moderated, for instance...who decides to ban a member, etc.

Naysaying aside....this development does seem to offer the possibility of getting down to the essence of Project Guitar...the playing and discussion of things guitar. So the whole thing is very exciting and should be encouraged...

Perhaps potential problems will be able to be sorted out as they arise or over time...not being familiar with the concept, I'm not sure how it works to have a multitude of people speaking and possibly playing all at once!

Nevertheless...I hope to speak to you all some time soon...your time or mine...psw :D

I would like to make voice chat just an extension or a new feature of PG. And i think that it would be pretty hard to post your pictorial or anything like that as voice chat doesnt support it.

People here respect this forum and i am sure that tutorials wont stop but however some questions that allmoast every newbie has are the sane so maybe it wont end up on forum and ppl wont have to answer it again and again.

Same rules from PG are on the voice. But i belive Brian should come up with set of rules that would apply to a voice chat.

Every visitor can kick any user from a chanel by rightclick on his nick and going to kick player (with reason) and reson must be the good one, breaking rules etc... and that msg will end up at server admin in this case me and user will be warned. 3 warnings and user will be banned from voice. Not by his username but by his IP so he wont be able to return to the server.

I will give board admins to be administartors of voice as well and i belive that they will be best peope for this job.

I'm stuck no mute. Not sure how to get it turned off.

Also, is the banning IP based or Username based, because it looks like you could give yourself any username you like, and people could masquerade as another member to cause trouble.

When you come there go to self and unmute there.

That's what I have been trying. I'm automatically muted when I log on. My speakers/headphones & microphone muted. :D

Hi there again...

Well, just tried this out and with a bit of fiddling about got it to work. There are going to be trouble getting everyones levels right and we'll all be wanting little mixers and dedicated mixers...plus theres too much of a delay to jam together or anything as the signal bounces around the world.

I got to speak to Kevan and Southpa and we all played a little guitar. It's all a bit weird though chatting to people in Canada from down here in Australia. Kevan had inches of snow, Southpa in storms very,very early on a Saturday Morning while down here it's a warm summer and 5pm Sunday night. Brings the whole world smaller and could you imagine the phone bill if you were to actually make a phone call like this.

Anyway, great stuff and thanks to croaticum for making it happen and getting that server space to accomodate it. It certainly makes the whole world that much smaller.

Hope to meet a whole lot more of you all on this, maybe hear the DIY Sustainer, Swap a few links, ask a few questions, get a little advice and shoot the breeze...

Now...off to get a better mic...or maybe a lead that works...I hooked up an old drum mic and I think it has been hit a few too many times!!! :D ...pete