Friggin Floyds

Hey guys, i got an old Kramer im gonna dismember to build a new project. (cause im cheap like that and all the hardware is in good shape!! :D) What im wondering is when i build the new neckthrough body can i route the floyd so that its a floating type unit and still use this trem? why i ask is because on the Kramer it wasnt routed that way and just sat on the surface and im really not sure if there is a difference in the trems. heres a pic thanks :D

GUitar002.jpg

here is another pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/scottyd/GUitar001.jpg

ok ive tried about a dozen times to get those pics in seperate posts and it keeps putting them together!

Edited by Maiden69

When you say "route the trem", I'm assuming you are talking about rerouting the body FOR the trem. In this situation, you will need a shorter trem block, other wise, since the trem will NOW sit, recessed into the body, ther is a good chance that the trem block will poke all the way out of the back, springs and all. Since this Kramer is a top0load trem, it probably has a 42 mm trem block. Either find the appropriate, shorter block for this trem, or (and this is probably the more feasible option) find a newer floyd trem, that HAS the shorter block.

Edited by Racer X

That is a full floating trem! Maybe the set up is not correct and this is why it is sitting on the body. You can use it on a neck thru, and you can rout a recess for it if you want more range of motion.

:D:DB)

If it doesnt have a back rout, or sitting WELL above the body, it isnt full floating. Maybe the setup IS correct, and thats WHY it isnt full floating... you know, like a lot of jacksons, EVH guitars, kramers, etc etc etc