Hi Everyone:

I'm new to the forum and excited to be here. It didn't take me long to realize what a great site this is - lots of great information and lots of great people.

Right now, I'm dreaming/planning of building a guitar. My main interest is in headless guitars. I'd like to take a stab at a Klein electric style guitar. My primary interest is in its great ergonomics. Despite my interest in headless guitars (I own a Hohner G2T), the Kramer Delta Wing has given me some additional food for thought. If you haven't seen it, its quite interesting - Gary Kramer Delta Wing.

While dreaming of building, I'm also trying to learn to play the guitar. :D - (Maybe I need to dye my hair like this guy)

Anyway, just a brief introduction and I look forward to learning from everyone!

Robert Irizarry

Welcome... R.I.

amberwing.jpg

Interesting features...I always like to see some ergonomic works of art...looks good and the features are ok (interesting headstock/tuner ideas...got himself a patent I see!!), but having to add a leg rest never sit's comfortably (pun intended) with me...just a little more designing and perhaps something could have been worked out!!

Anyway, welcome to the forum...one more amoung many... pete

Thanks for the welcome!

As you can tell by my interest in the Klein and this new Kramer, I'm particularly interested in ergonomic designs. It was this interest that drove me to the idea of building a guitar. The Klein electric, for all of its pluses, is essentially unavailable. I've been on the Klein Electric group over at Yahoo for the last couple of months and there are people who have been waiting two years or more for their guitar! In addition, the proprietor has been unresponsive toward these people (by their accounts). Meanwhile, used Klein prices are around $5000! Suffice it to say, the thought has been going through my head that I should try a replica of one but that's a story for another thread. :D