Gotm Entry....

Damn, forgot to update my post, so here it all is...

ORMSBY 'Metal' Baritone

27.5" sscale, ebony fretboard with "cyclone" pattern inlays (metal flake).

Laminated maple, neck through, zero neck angle.

Reverse headstock and black binding around fretboard and headstock.

Ultra light Alder body wings.

EMG 81/85 combo, 3 way, recessed barrel style jack.

"Vortex" pattern candy apple lacquer.

Jumbo frets, graphtec nut.

Gotoh machineheads and bridge (recessed)

IMG_2550.jpg

God damn this "new" forum mode of simply adding the next post on to your previous one SUX. How do i turn it off?

I love the inlay - very unique! I've never seen anything like that. I'm curious about the metal flake (forgive me I'm new at this) but how durable is that going to be? I'm familiar with the use of more traditional inlay materials but...

Thanks!

P.S. I hate that append feature as well. Hoping for an answer myself.

Looks pretty smick Rhoads.

Off topic here, but oh well. Robert, you don't know Dan Irizarry from Australia by any chance?

Probably not, but meh. He has one of those funny Australian-American hybrid accents, so it was a possibility.

Nope. It's funny though. I grew up thinking it was a unique last name but ever since high school I started meeting Irizarry's or hearing of them. It happens more often that I would have ever thought. I've even heard there is a soap star named Irizarry. I haven't checked out the family tree but I do know two things - its a name of Basque origin and apparently I had a busy globe trotting ancestor. :D

Doh!

Now I can see what the guitar looks like, after voting already. Well, as always terrific finish and execution. I like the way the "marbling" (or whatever it's called) has that cyclone theme subtly in there with that bit of a spin in it.

So...what is that fretboard inlay...love the design idea...but tricky to see and looks as if it stuck or painted on?...what is it?

Also, nice body design and contouring...one month twice the guitars and photos, the next, not enough...oh well...

I wonder if we'll ever see a Ormsby "Retro" Guitar to shake things up in GOTM. Maybe something with a little wimsy...how about a guitar to match the sleekness and power of your car...The Monaro Guitar :D

pete :D

I wonder if we'll ever see a Ormsby "Retro" Guitar to shake things up in GOTM. Maybe something with a little wimsy...how about a guitar to match the sleekness and power of your car...The Monaro Guitar :D

pete :D

You want a retro GOTM entry??? OK!! Ive got two i can enter. Both not published on the website.

Let me think about it for a minute...

The Monaro guitar is coming. Just holden, i mean... HOLD ON.

I believe this is a good shot to show off the gloss level of the top (look at the bridge)

IMG_3623.jpg

Thanks Perry...I didn't know you did requests....

Cant wait to see the holden version...not that I'm a "Holden Man" (I have a feeling only :D 's will be understanding the significance of that)...lol

A relic...nice work

Still...retro with a twist or some kind of outside influences always appeals to me. Love that camo job you did with the rusted parts for instance...keep them coming... pete

Thanks Perry...I didn't know you did requests....

Cant wait to see the holden version...not that I'm a "Holden Man" (I have a feeling only :D 's will be understanding the significance of that)...lol

A relic...nice work

Still...retro with a twist or some kind of outside influences always appeals to me. Love that camo job you did with the rusted parts for instance...keep them coming... pete

Ive been tossing up chucking this one into the mix one GOTM... relic replica...

finishedsmall.jpg

hahahaha :D never a missed opportunity hey :D why not!!

Yeah...I've seen that one, very convincing EVH there...

keep it up, you might just get one in the shape of the ormsby logo itself!!! B)pete

P.S. I see you even got the wheel of the car in there instead of feet like most put in their shots. I thought of a monaro guitar, 'cause with the polka-V the reflection was so perfect, I thought you'd posted a reverse image of your car at first...seriously!!!

Oh yeah...I caught someone looking at this old thread, if anyone wants to look at your...errr...promotional machine!!

Perry's Promotional Machine Thread!!!

But, having found this, what's with that wheel...that's not a red pin stripped, low profile tyre on an alloy mag...had to put on a spare or something...??? psw

Edited by psw

hahahaha :D never a missed opportunity hey :D why not!!

Yeah...I've seen that one, very convincing EVH there...

keep it up, you might just get one in the shape of the ormsby logo itself!!! B)pete

P.S. I see you even got the wheel of the car in there instead of feet like most put in their shots. I thought of a monaro guitar, 'cause with the polka-V the reflection was so perfect, I thought you'd posted a reverse image of your car at first...seriously!!!

Thats my killer hyundai daily driver. Cant afford to drive the Monaro every day :D

IMG_3683.jpg