How To Find Out Value Of A Pot?

Max_Powers

Measure the resistance between the outside lugs - that's the pot's resistance. Keep in mind that most pots are at best 10% tolerance, so anything between 450K and 550K is a 500K pot.

Thanks Lovekraft!

Now for the weird part hehe, my tone pot is giving me .452, but this put doesn't really have a third lug. So I am just placing the meter on the metal part where the lug would be.

My volume pot is giving me 5.11

:D Oops! Did I forget to mention that you can only measure a pot accurately if it's out of the circuit? Sorry 'bout dat! Your tone pot probably has one lug soldered to the pot case for ground, so they're all there, just not obvious. Hope I haven't done more harm than good here. Anyway, if you'll temporarily disconnect the ground from the pot, they'll read correctly.

:D Oops! Did I forget to mention that you can only measure a pot accurately if it's out of the circuit? Sorry 'bout dat! Your tone pot probably has one lug soldered to the pot case for ground, so they're all there, just not obvious. Hope I haven't done more harm than good here. Anyway, if you'll temporarily disconnect the ground from the pot, they'll read correctly.

Hehehe, I kind of figured. But since the people who had replied to my thread about my electrical problems told memy soldering really sucks, I cleaned everything up and really took the time to make it perfect. So I didn't really feel like desoldering right away ehehe.