Fuzz Factory Schematics?

hooglebug

You'd be lucky seeing as most of the schematics on the net for boutique pedals come from the DIYstompboxes forum. Seeing as mr vex contributes to that forum and they have a 'no ripping off people who help out' policy, i dont think its gonna happen.

Sorry!

S

:D

I know of one that appears to be correct, but I am not going to share it out of respect for Z. Vex. Besides, you could get the Vexter series Fuzz Factory for around $160 or so. That's really not that expensive, and you'll be getting something that you know will work. Those old 60s germanium transistors are tricky to work with, and if you don't know what you're doing, it'll end up being a disaster. Do us all a favor and just buy a real one. :D

well im going to put two on top and have the other three on the inside of the lower horn (flying v) if you see what i mean.

the main queary i have is what to do with the input/outputs. would the output of the guitar go to the input of the effect and the output of the effect to the jack, or would everything have to go through the effects on/off switch?

Edited by hooglebug

would the output of the guitar go to the input of the effect and the output of the effect to the jack, or would everything have to go through the effects on/off switch?

Both. Your bypass switch would control whether it's straight pickups to your output jack or the pickups thru the circuit and then to the output jack.

Your DPDT switch will either direct the signal from the pickups thru the circuit or it will bypass it. Check out this page, I think it will help you understand a little better: http://www.diyguitarist.com/PDF_Files/GCI-TrueBypass.pdf

Look at "True Bypass #2" and ignore the LED part. (it's showing a 3PDT switch, and you only need a DPDT switch). :D

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now i see. thanks for that. another question tho - i will already have a stereo jack as i have a piezo bridge - so will i just take the piezo straight to the jack and ignore the effect circuit?

and while im being a bit of a pain - how do i go about wiring a piezo/magnetic/both switch? and would this have to come before or after the effect? ie: guitar output - piezo/mag/both - effect - output or guitar output - effect - piezo/mag/both?

Edited by hooglebug

so will i just take the piezo straight to the jack and ignore the effect circuit?

Straight to the output jack - unless you want to be able to send the peizos and the mag PUPs thru the effect simultaneously.

and while im being a bit of a pain - how do i go about wiring a piezo/magnetic/both switch? and would this have to come before or after the effect? ie: guitar output - piezo/mag/both - effect - output or guitar output - effect - piezo/mag/both?

It's up to you. What do you want to it do? Wire it up that way. As far as the switch goes, it's really no different than a three way pickup switch. One side would have mag PUP only, middle position is both and the other side would be your piezos...