Question About The Tremolno

Pott

Well some of the reviews I read implied that if you detuned too much, the bar would slip in and the trem would sink in a bit. I'm wondering the extent of this basically...

This is actually a safety feature. The Tremol-No is designed to handle a certain amout of force, but the thumbscrews *will* slip if you use the trem bar.

Why? Because there are few things worse than having to dig out a broken trem arm from it's socket, or ripping out trem claw screws.

Be careful when using the set screws in place of the thumbscrews. They lock much, MUCH tighter, so trem arms might be in danger.

Kev, Technically it's "Mid March".

Where are they? I'm dyin' here

Scott-

I'm gonna copy/paste something from the T-No site, if that's ok:

If you place an order with AllParts today, you'll be put on a list to be contacted once the units arrive from the factory that's building them. I believe that AllParts is also sending out an email with each Tremol-No order stating that production is underway and they will be shipping soon.

EDIT- the email from AllParts now says "at the end of April."

"If they're not shipping yet, how come they're up on the AllParts website?"

When part numbers are added to the main database at AllParts, they are automatically listed on the website. That's how their computer system works.

Alrigth thanks Kev! I know what you mean about the safety thing but it's still not quite what I asked... Basically, that means that if I want to go from E standard to drop C, I CAN use just the deep C to allow dive only and detune or would the tension in the spring be too much and the trem will move a bit?

Edited by Pott

Alrigth thanks Kev! I know what you mean about the safety thing but it's still not quite what I asked... Basically, that means that if I want to go from E standard to drop C, I CAN use just the deep C to allow dive only and detune or would the tension in the spring be too much and the trem will move a bit?

The thumbscrew on the Deep-C *should* hold you just fine (depending on string gauge, spring count, personal setup, etc.).

Swap the thumbscrew for the set screw and it will absolutely hold you. It might even hold you and a friend. :D